Pupils should leave Ightham School with their understanding deepened, their minds enriched, and their hearts inspired, so that they love learning and embrace the challenges of the future.
Caring Respect Responsibility Tolerance Aspiration Honesty
- We aim to foster attitudes that will instil self-confidence, a sense of personal worth and wellbeing, and help them to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life and work in a changing world.
- We aim to provide an environment where children can be safe and happy so that they are able to enjoy their education.
- We aim to assist children in developing intellectual, personal, spiritual, social and moral values while also sharing respect for all religions and other ways of life.
- We aim to give children the opportunity to make decisions and choices and to take responsibility for their learning, their environment and the resources made available to them.
- We aim to identify each child’s particular gifts and talents and to enhance them in the community.
- We aim to encourage a close working partnership with families and the wider community.
Our Mission Statement
Ightham Primary School provides a nurturing and inclusive learning environment that enables every child to thrive with an expectation of high academic standards. We are committed to providing a balanced, accessible and inspirational curriculum which fosters a lifelong love of learning.