Pupils should leave Ightham School with their understanding deepened, their minds enriched, and their hearts inspired, so that they love learning and embrace the challenges of the future.
- We aim to foster attitudes that will instil self-confidence, a sense of personal worth and help them to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life and work in a changing world.
- We aim to provide an environment where children can be happy so that they are able to enjoy their education.
- We aim to assist children in developing intellectual, personal, spiritual, social and moral values while also sharing respect for all religions and other ways of life.
- We aim to give children the opportunity to make decisions and choices and to take responsibility for their learning, their environment and the resources made available to them.
- We aim to identify each child’s particular gifts and talents and to enhance them in the community.
- We aim to encourage a close working partnership with families and the wider community.
Our Mission Statement
Ightham Primary School provides a nurturing and inclusive learning environment that enables every child to thrive with an expectation of high academic standards. We are committed to providing a balanced, accessible and inspirational curriculum which fosters a lifelong love of learning.