New Entrants to Reception - September 2020
We will be running open days for prospective new parents on the following days:
Wednesday 16th October 2019 - 1.45pm
Monday 11th November 2019 - 1.45pm
Monday 18th November 2019 - 9.30am
Wednesday 27th November 2019 - 1.45pm
Thursday 28th November 2019 - 9.30am
New Entrants Poster 2020
The Local Authority (KCC) decides on admissions to Reception so parents should direct further questions about our admissions arrangements to the KCC Admissions team on 03000 41 21 21.
Ightham Primary School admits pupils full time in the September for pupils whose birthdays fall between September and December. Those whose birthdays fall between January and August are admitted full time in September if their parents wish or parental requests to defer entry until the start of the Spring term will be granted. However, parental requests to defer entry until the following year will not be guaranteed a place at the school. We do not hold open places where the school is oversubscribed.
Where the number of applications exceeds our pupil admission number (30) places will be allocated in the following priority order, following the LA Admissions Policy:
- Children in the care of Kent County Council
- Where the child has a sibling attending Ightham Primary School at the time of entry (where the family continues to live at the same address as when the sibling was admitted or has moved to a new property within two miles (via the shortest available walking route) of the school).
- Where there are medical grounds (supported by a doctor) for admitting the child and where the school has adequate facilities to support access of need.
- Proximity of the child’s home is measured by the shortest available walking route between home and school, with those living nearest being given priority.
- When we wish to admit more pupils than the standard number we will seek the agreement of the LA Admissions Authority.
The Governing Body has established the following arrangements for appeals against non admission:
- A written application to the Area Education Officer of the LA if unsuccessful.
- A final stage of appeal to an Independent Statutory Appeal Committee.
Online applications and further details can be found at www.kent.gov.uk/ola
Casual In-Year Admissions Form
This form should be used for all applications for admission to the school other than new entrants to our reception class for September 2020. The form should be given to our office staff in the first instance. Where the year group is full, you will be given the option of placing your child on the waiting list for a place. Our oversubscription criteria is as above.
If you would like your child to attend Ightham Primary School, you should complete the form below and return it to the school. This does NOT apply to new entrants into our Reception (EYFS) class as this is carried out through a different system which is run by KCC and not the school.
Casual In Year Admission Form